Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Refocus-a random prayerful poem

Sometimes life just gets too hard,
And God I just can't go that far!
I can't bear another burden or pain,
I just want to be free again!

Free from the tears that dim my eyes,
That rise from a heart that cries,
From lashing pain that tares the soul,
God I just want to be made whole!

But selfish heart of mortal flesh,
How swift to forget my life is blest!
That You, my Savior, chose to bear,
On your shoulders every care!

You suffered sorrow, pain, and loss,
You were lashed and beaten, nailed to a cross.
All for a sinful, selfish soul,
Yet I cry, 'Lord make me whole?' !

But You, in Your love, reach down to me,
And in Your mercy, set me free.
You cleanse me, fill me, and give me life,
Lord how can I always be so blind?

So let me forget this passing sorrow,
And with joy look forward to the morrow,
And think that one day, if I press on,
'Tis Thy blessed face I'll look upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment