Friday, October 11, 2013

Just A Little Pressure



All happy, merry, bounding life, so full of little joys
Of baking, working, smiles, people, baby girls and boys.
I do my job, I go to church, I pray to You every night
Then cast a thought to others too, as I shut out the light.

I read my bible 'most everyday, (skip a time or two)
I hand out tracks, I council friends, I try to talk of You.
I go to bible study, wear nice modest clothes.
Keep my prayers skyward, not a haughty nose.

Then God...why this burdening trial? Why this burning pain?
I've gone through enough now Lord. Why try me again?
I'm close enough, I've turned to You, what else do I say?
But You know the distractions that are luring me away.

So You press a gentle hand, "No daughter don't go there."
You send a little pain, to remind me that You care.
When you sense my heart go wandering, just a little tad,
You place a little trial to send me running back.

When I cry out in frustration as I whimper through my downs,
You remind me to look up at You, stop looking  at the ground.
When I run off along the shore, remove my hand from Thine,
You send a little wave of trouble to remind me I am Thine.

So Lord, I'll not complain, for I know You know my heart
You only seek to keep me close, stop wanderings at the start.
You know how much that I can bear, You bear it all for me,
So Lord, I'll stop complaining and I'll give it all to Thee.






No comments:

Post a Comment